Leprosy research and funding
The Leprosy Research Initiative is a combined venture of:
- Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR),
- American Leprosy Missions (ALM),
- German Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief Association (DAHW),
- effect:hope (The Leprosy Mission Canada) and
- The Leprosy Mission International (TLMI).
The partners have established a joint fund to support leprosy research and to source external funding. The joint fund will be reserved for research that is exclusively or strongly related to leprosy. Additional resources will be actively sought for research in the field of general disabilities and for research aimed at different diseases (e.g. other NTDs, tuberculosis and diabetes) in combination with leprosy.
The Leprosy Mission Ireland (TLM Ireland) is supporting the running costs. The Austrian Leprosy Relief Association (ALRA) funds a research grant.
For all enquiries related to the LRI, please contact Ms Nicole Dinnissen
Leprosy Research Initiative
1097 DN Amsterdam
Tel: +31 20 5950 534