January 16, 2017
World Leprosy Day 2017 material
This year we’ll continue with the theme Zero Disabilities in girls and boys affected by leprosy in support of the WHO Global Leprosy Target, “Zero G2D in paediatric leprosy patients”.
Please find below materials or information in support of your activities for World Leprosy Day.
- Download Poonam’s story a case study of a girl affected by leprosy (many thanks to American Leprosy Missions).
- Download our update on Manjit.
- Download the three memes we created for WLD 2017: ‘I am supporting WLD‘, ‘preventing disabilities‘ and ‘#ZeroChildLeprosy‘.
- Download WHO WER 2 Sept 2016 summary
- Dowload our Twitter plan for WLD 2017.
- Sign up for our WLD 2017 Thunderclap by using your Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr accounts. Read more here,
- Test your general knowledge on leprosy with an online quiz. Please share the quiz with your networks and on social media, or, create your own.
World Leprosy Day quiz
World Leprosy Day will be celebrated on Sunday January 29 this year.
Over the centuries, many myths have surrounded leprosy. How much do you really know about this disease? Take our quiz to find out more!